Injury Prevention Project Acknowledgment, Release and Waiver of Liability
I, in my capacity as a user or member of Injury Prevention Project, hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- I have engaged a training plan, whether directly or indirectly, using PreventInjuries.org (“My Training Plan”) based on the goals and objectives I desire to achieve and the activities I desire to undertake;
- It is my responsibility to:
- refrain from participating in activities with which I do not feel comfortable with or prepared to undertake;
- obtain approval from my physician before beginning My Training Plan; and
- upon the occurrence of any and all injuries, discomfort, pain, unusual symptoms or reactions (e.g., chest discomfort, nausea, difficulty breathing, apparent injury) to cease My Training Plan and report promptly to my physician any and all such injuries, discomfort, pain, unusual symptoms or reactions
- Undertaking and participating in the Injury Prevention Project My Training Plan is not without inherent risks and that, regardless of the care taken during the design of the plan, Injury Prevention Project cannot guarantee my personal safety;
- Undertaking and participating in the Injury Prevention Project and My Training Plan may result in minor injuries (e.g., bruises, musculoskeletal strains and sprains), more serious injuries (e.g., muscle tears, herniated disks, torn rotator cuffs), and potentially, catastrophic injury (e.g., death, paralysis); and
- Injury Prevention Project does not guarantee that I will accomplish the goals of being injury-free or reducing my risk of injury that I set with My Training Plan using Injury Prevention Project.
I am aware of, understand and accept the foregoing risks and responsibilities as my own, and I hereby fully waive, release and forever discharge, Injury Prevention Project and any subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees or agents of Injury Prevention Project, from any and all claims, demands, losses or damages relating to or arising out of my use of the Injury Prevention Project and My Training Plan, including, but not limited to, death, injury, property damage, the negligence or any failure to achieve my goals or objectives through my use of PreventInjuries.org, the Injury Prevention Project service or My Training Plan
I have read this Injury Prevention Project Member Acknowledgment, Release and Waiver of Liability, and understand that by signing it I give up substantial rights that I would otherwise have to recover damages for loss occasioned by the actions of Injury Prevention Project and its subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents, and sign it voluntarily and without inducement.